Saturday, May 22, 2010

Three Reason Why I Love My Life

#1: Today I was making cookies with this little man. He asked why we were making them and I told him they were for Church tomorrow and that I needed them to be good..."the way to a man is through good food." So I jokingly asked him if he thought I should make the cookies good to get myself a boyfriend. His reply, "I am your boyfriend Aunt Melanie. You are my girlfriend." I love this little man!

#2: This sister is amazing! Not only did she let me come up to her house today to bake said cookies she also fed me the most amazing dinner and strawberry shortcake. Those aren't why she is so amazing, though. I was sitting reading the pamphlet "Preparing to Enter the Holy Temple." I sighed a heavy breath and she asked if I had a question. She then proceeded to give me an amazing Temple Pep Talk. I totally needed that. I'm so grateful to be so close to her and to be able to visit with her often. She has the best advice and counsel ever.

#3: The amazing lady texted me at 9 o'clock one night this week to see if I was still up. She stayed up until midnight, her time, talking to me and making me feel so special and important. It had only been a few weeks since we had talked but it felt so much longer than that. And we both had so much to catch the other up on. She is one of the best friends I could have ever asked for.

See I have so many reasons to love my life. I'm really one super lucky girl!

No comments: