So when I got my mission call and was deciding when are where to go to the temple it wasn't a hard decision. It had to be in Columbia. I was really sad, though, that Beth wouldn't get to be there. Since living in Utah she has become a very important part of my life and I really, really wanted her to be there. Well one afternoon she called and asked if I wanted to drive to South Carolina with her cause she was coming! I was soooo excited! We made sure no one told Mom or Dad about our plan and we planned the best surprise ever.
We left on Friday, July 16th and drove...
and drove...
and drove!
We made plans to drive all night Friday and into Saturday afternoon until we reached St. Louis where Gabe lives. When we got directions we discovered that the Winter Quarters Visitor Center was a mere 20 minute detour. So we of course made a stop. 
While the kids had no issues sleeping in the car, Beth and I each only go about 3 hours of sleep and we had been driving all night. We were exhausted and looked that description, but it was still so fun to be there. President and Sister Kunz (my future mission president and his wife) happened to be there that morning. Pres. Kunz was busy, but I got to talk to Sister Kunz for 15-20minutes and that really helped calm my fears about going to this unknown place and living with a complete stranger.
After making sure the kids had run around lots and gotten out tons of energy we piled back in and headed for St. Louis.
In St. Louis we got the meet one of the most beautiful little girls ever and loved lovin' on her.
But most importantly, I got to be with Gabe and his family one last time before I leave on my mission.
Around 7 Sunday night we started loading up again and began the last leg of the drive to SC. That night neither of us could sleep, except for a little 45 minute nap I got outside Atlanta, so we were completely exhausted. When we got there we had the kids go knock on the door and grandma was a little more than surprised when she found out who her special visitors were.
No comments:
Post a Comment