After I came home I had the great privilege of being co-wedding designer for their reception here. It went wonderfully!! The decorations were truly breath taking and my heart and love went into every ounce of it. I was so honored to get to have a big part in helping Sallie and Luke celebrate, with those they love, their eternal marriage.
In the last few weeks we've also found out what has been ailing me for so long. A joint in my back has caused my right hip muscles to pull on an abdominal nerve bundle. This is what has caused so much pain in my belly. I'll have to go through at least another month of physical therapy and have several cortisone injections into my back.
BUT the HUGE thing is, THEY KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! That means I can get better and start living my life again. That life might be in Aiken for a bit, or back to serve the Lord in Nebraska, or it might even mean going back to UT to start finishing school. I know the Lord will lead me on the path that will serve His purposes best. That's really all that matters to me.
Then tonight I received some news that kinda put me in a little funk. A woman, who feels more like a grandmother and friend to me than a sister in the ward, has passed away. She has lived through so much and is with loved ones in a much more peaceful place. I'm so happy for Jean. I'm glad her earthly trials are over and that she is finally pain free and no longer tired. I'm just really sad for me. I guess it's all part of life.
I'm so grateful to know my Savior lives. He LIVES! He knows me and He knows every feeling in my heart. He knows how happy Jean is to be back in Heaven, but He also knows how sad my heart is to have to live without her here for a while 'til it's my turn to return to Him. How grateful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to know the message of the restored gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment