The night before my birthday I headed to bed a little after 11. At exactly midnight I heard knocking on my door. I figured Liz had forgotten her key again and totally ignored the knocking. Then I got texts from Natalie and Amberley letting me know it was them at the door and I should let them in. I flopped out of bed and opened the door. They told me to get dressed cause I was being abducted.
I got dressed and they blind folded me and led me out to the car.
We drove all over the place and I was totally lost. So they let me out of the car and walked me through some grass. There we waited for Amberley to find my camera in the car... then all of the sudden there was a third person there. I had some ideas who it might be but I wasn't sure. So after Amberley found the camera they led me somewhere else. I could tell we had walked into a building, but there was banging and glasses tinkling... I was instantly thinking, "did they really bring me to a bar?"
So they led me through this building into a pretty quiet room.
Then they let me take off the blindfold. And then I was so confused!!! I had absolutely no idea where we were and that freaked me out a wee bit so I think that frustrated Amberley just a wee bit because I was reacting in my head and not out loud to their great surprise. That was about when I realized we were at an Ihop!
Amberley had gone down ahead of time {with Chris for safety reasons} and the two of them had decorated a booth for the four of us. It had streamers hanging down to make a "castle" for us to sit under. They had a Disney Princess table cloth. A Birthday banner on the wall. And I had a Snow White tiara and Birthday Princess pin to wear.
{Chris, me, and Natalie before we ate}
{Fruit Loops was nice enough to take a picture of all of us, though!}
So we got home around 2am and I had decided that turning 21 was going to be about the best birthday ever!
When I got up in the morning to go to work I found this waiting for me outside, well and on, my door!
{They stayed up until 4am doing this for me}
{They even sang Happy Birthday and had me blow out the candles}
So I had a pretty amazing birthday. And that is all without mentioning the amazing time I had with Beth and her family on Saturday night. We {Amberley, Natalie, and I} went up for dinner and cake and ice cream. Beth had balloons, and roses, and the YUMMIEST dinner EVER!!! I hear part of that is owed to my amazing brother-in-law Mike. We had calzone for dinner... and my favorite kind of cake: white with Rainbow Chunk frosting and chocolate ice cream.
Like I said... I've got some of the BEST FRIENDS EVER {and that includes my amazing sister!}
1 comment:
Sounds like you had TONS of fun!!! ;) It's always scary when ppl abduct you. They did that to me after church basketball practice once for my 16th... scary!!
Post a Comment