Meet Sis. Warner... Sis. Stenquist's new companion.
On new years eve I got a phone call, well several actually, from my mission President and the Church's area medical advisor. These weren't the best phone calls of my life. They were all about if I should stay on my mission or not. After General Authority approval I was told I was going home... the very next day. We ran home and I had about an hour to pack everything I had with me and get on the road to Omaha.
So now I'm home and waiting for surgery to get scheduled. The dr. I'm seeing here wants to take out my appendix to see if it helps. Fun right?
It's really strange to be home. I have no job and I have no idea if I'll be allowed to go back out or when that might be. I could be here for two more weeks or as long as 6 more months. I hate not having a plan. I'm a very plan oriented person. I like organizing the details in my life. I just have no details to organize!
There are some nice things about the situation. I have been able to see Jordan and his new wife, Judith, a few times since getting home. Aren't they just the cutest couple ever!?!
I'm getting to work with the missionaries here some. We have elders so I can go out on team ups with them, but I can go along when they teach a family. Soon I'll get to start teaching the new member lessons to a family that got baptized about a month ago. I'm excited to get to teach the gospel in depth again. I miss teaching the lessons and helping people understand the importance and purpose of their life.
I am also enjoying getting to be with my family. I usually came home for a week to ten days for visits and I was always worried about getting back to school and work. It's nice to just relax and enjoy some down time. I'm not worried about a work or getting back to start another semester of school. Mom and I have fun playing bananagrams and Dad and I have fun watching a TV show together about buildings being blown up.
Well there's the update of life. I'm hoping to get to go back out on my mission. I'm trying really hard, though, to just focus on getting better. I try to sleep lots and rest and give my body a chance to heal. But I really do want to get back to work. I want to be able to go back out and share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It will all just have to happen in the Lord's time and not mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment